By Storage Asia Editors | Sep 19, 2012
SanDisk has announced an SSD caching technology that aims to help consumers improve their desktop computer’s performance.
The SanDisk ReadyCache technnology can boost a desktop computer’s boot, shutdown and application launch times, allowing consumers to enjoy a more responsive computing experience, while utilizing their existing hard drive’s storage.
The SanDisk ReadyCache produc combines a 32 gigabyte (GB)1 2.5-inch SSD that resides alongside a desktop computer’s hard drive with ExpressCache™ software by Condusiv™ Technologies.
The software can be downloaded from the SanDisk website and can be installed on any desktop PC running Windows® 7 operating system. After installing the SSD and software, the SanDisk ReadyCache solution’s advanced caching algorithms automatically manage data by caching frequently used files to improve overall performance2.
- Faster Boot Times: The SanDisk ReadyCache hardware and software solution enables up to four times faster boot performance than a standalone hard drive, letting consumers boot their computer quickly and shut down the system in moments
- Faster Application Launches: The caching solution launches applications up to 12 times faster, which is especially useful during gaming, business and multimedia applications
- Supports Multiple Hard Drives: Unlike most SSD caching solutions, the SanDisk ReadyCache solution can pull data from multiple hard drives, enabling a consistent performance improvement when utilizing more than one hard drive
- Supports High-Capacity Hard Drives: The solution supports hard drives with any amount of capacity so users can enjoy maximum storage space
- Data Coherency: All data that resides in the cache also resides on the primary storage, which helps prevent data loss if the caching solution is later uninstalled
- Seamless Multitasking: The caching solution enables consumers to smoothly run simultaneous applications, ideal when multitasking
- Fast Installation: With the SanDisk ReadyCache solution, consumers don’t need to replace their existing hard drive, clone their operating system, perform lengthy installs or migrate data. The product comes with an installation kit that includes a SATA 6Gb/s cable, a 3.5-inch mounting bracket and screws; and the software is simple to download and install
- Affordability: The caching solution allows consumers to enjoy the fast performance of a new computer without paying for an entire system
Recent popular content
Recent popular content