By Storage Asia Editors | Jul 3, 2012
Philippines' Davao City has deployed products from IBM to help scale-up its existing Public Safety and Security Command Center (PSSCC). The effort involves integrating city operations into a single system, infused with advanced technologies, to further enhance public safety operations in the city.
The deployment enters around predictive analytics - using IBM's Intelligent Operations Center (IOC), the PSSCC will have a centralized dashboard view that will allow the city to monitor events and operations in real time.
The IOC will integrate multiple city agencies in the PSSCC to improve interdepartmental collaboration and enhance the management of Davao's four pillars of public safety: crime prevention and suppression; emergency response; threat prevention and response; and traffic management.
The new system's capabilities include:
• A single operational platform which will enable coordination between Davao City agencies involved in responding to public safety incidences. The platform will enable PSSCC to monitor and respond to a wide range of safety related incidences from a central location.
• Real time situational awareness through Geographic Information System (GIS), video feeds and GPS-enabled patrolling vehicles. Using IBM Business Partner Unified Edge's Radio Connect for Sametime technology, the PSSCC team will be able to coordinate the city's multiple communications channels including radios, phones, videos and instant messaging to ensure seamless collaboration with first responders and speed incident response time.
• Standard operating procedures defined for different public safety incidences that will improve the overall operational efficiency.
• Video analytics capabilities that will enhance the ability to track traffic and monitor events at important public venues like city hall, the airport and malls.
• An "early warning system" that monitors Key Risk Indicators (KRI) and allows the city to take action in a collaborative manner.
• A simplified dashboard view for executives to help measure the performance of public safety operations with Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
"We believe that building a safer city will bring us one step closer to our ultimate goal of becoming a major growth pole in the international market," said Sara Duterte, Mayor, Davao City. "By integrating information collected from multiple agencies that are dedicated to protecting the welfare of citizens, we are setting the foundation for a more efficient and safer environment that will foster economic growth."
Recent popular content
Recent popular content